Tuesday, 24 May 2011

He got the job!! - I even managed to look happy for him

My eldest son has got a new job - over a hundred miles away - gulp.
He moves out at the end of June - gulp gulp.
I am trying to be positive.
I am not losing a son I am gaining a craft room - lol - gulp, gulp, gulp.

My youngest son is going to university- over a hundred miles away - gulp.
He moves out in September - gulp, gulp.
I am trying to be positive.
I am not losing a son I am gaining yet another ****** craft room - gulp, gulp, gulp.

How many craft rooms does one woman need?

I don't even craft any more.

8 comments:

Pom Pom said...

I gulp WITH you, Lynn! Something lovely will fill the second craft room. I'll come visit! :)

Marion said...

oh - hugs! Mine are only two and a half and 7 months and I already dread that day. That said, do kids ever really leave home these days - especially boys with their mums. My 40 year old, married brother in law still keeps a room at his mum's - it's her office at other times! I'm sure your boys will still gravitate home on a regular basis.

♥ Tina said...

Gulp indeed. But it will all be fine, and will soon feel like normality. Trust me. xxxx

lily said...

I faced that dreaded empty nest syndrome about nineteen years ago, then after losing my first husband I met a wonderful man and re-married and had two more children (I did marry very young the first time round)we had two more children.......happy days, but now the youngest is fifteen, so I suppose it won't be long before I have it all to face again........but remember they always come back often and bring some grandchildren too.

lily x

Marytoo said...

Mine are all grown up and moved out. :-( But, the older three live in the area, so I get to see them and their children, often!

Marytoo said...

Lynne, I just remembered this...what my empty-nested world feels like.

http://quirksandglitches.blogspot.com/2009/08/proof-is-in-pudding.html

Angela said...

It will be fine. Honest. Just wait till they want to come home for a weekend and you reralise you cannot get to their bed for the craft stash on top of it!

Jill said...

Personally, I couldnt wait!
Seriously, you have done your bit, tho I bet there will still be calls on you.
Well done to all.